Monday, September 08, 2008

REACT: Jamie Lee Curtis acting intelligent

Speaking of "stupid." In her latest contribution to the liberal blog, The Huffington Post, Hollywood star Jamie Lee Curtis (right) asks the headline question: "Do you think I'm stupid?" Since she asked, yes I do -- but that's just one man's opinion. My opinion is jaded by the fact that Hollywood personalities have proven time and time again that despite talent in producing fantasy, they can be quite ... well ... shall we say ... stupid in the real world.

One of the things that seems to differentiate liberals and conservatives is their regard for the public. Folks like Curtis think THEY are the only smart ones. The majority of Americans, who disagree with their left wing notions, are considered stupid. That is why liberals have a self-proclaimed noblese oblige to regulate and care for those they see as the ignorant masses.

If you think this is not true, tune in to (hot) Air America a listen to their strident left wing talk show hosts and callers. Anyone who is not a liberal, Democrat or Barack Obama supporter is ignorant, stupid, dumb, idiotic, at best, and sleazy, mean-spirited and corrupt, at worst -- and mostly both. I am not interpreting their comments, this is what they say. These are the words they use to describe you and me. That is why they don't trust the public to exercise democracy.

Conservatives, on the other hand, trust the people to make the decisions about their lives with as little interference from government as possible. We think the public is innately intelligent and capable of sound judgment.

I don't think a person who disagrees with me is automatically stupid -- just wrong. But I respect their right to their opinion -- and even their sincerity, in most cases. Occasionally, I have to admit, I come across someone who I consider to be stupid -- sometimes even a fellow conservative.

No comments: