Sunday, November 02, 2008

REACT: Jesus Chirst! It's Halloween.

Halloween has brought out another example of officials of the education industry out of control. Seems like 13-year-old Alex Woinski, of Paramus, New Jersey, attended his school’s Halloween dress-up day as the original Barack Obama -- otherwise known as Jesus. Alex, whose mother is Catholic and father is Jewish, took advantage of his naturally long hair to work up a pretty credible Christ (right).

The principal of his West Brook Middle School, Joan Broe, ignored the usual collections of witches, Draculas, Batmans, and Jokers to persecute little Jesus by sending the lad home. She said the costume offended some of the other students – the number one bogus excuse for the political correctness Gestapo. You can see from the costume, young Alex was not mocking Christ or portraying him in any way that could be construed as offensive.

I once held a Halloween party where I dressed like the Pope. No one got offended except by my lame jokes … “What you like to drink? Popes Blue Ribbon.” Or “Excuse me … need to go to the bathroom and turn some wine into water.”

But I digress …

I hope Alex will bring down a plague of locusts on Ms. Broe’s organic garden. I bet she has one. To Principal Broe, I say “pox (not pax) on you.”

No comments: